Saturday, November 10, 2018

Tech Demo Reflection

After doing my demo on the Pocket app, I think that it went fairly well. I focused only on the app because I think that that is more likely to be used by students, including myself. I was also considering what access students may have to technology. A growing number of schools give their students tablets- my own school gives the students iPads. In some cases, this tablet may be the only access to technology that a student has- they may not have a phone or computer at home. This means that that student would have to use the app, rather than the website for it. Pocket is not a tool that is really interactive, which I think made it more difficult to teach, but it is still a useful app that I think teachers should know about. The ability to find and save articles can be helpful when doing research. The app is fairly intuitive and I don't think that anybody struggled to learn how to use it, so I guess I would say that my lesson was successful in that respect. I do not think that I would have done anything differently- I walked away from teaching the lesson feeling like I had introduced the class to a new tool that they may find themselves teaching to their own classes one day.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly I think I will be using Pocket more for leisure rather than teaching. It is important that teachers continue to be educated on modern topics so that if a student asks (and may not be able to get the information at home) the teachers can answer. But Pocket also provides some really fun and interesting reads that are short and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete

The Gay Metropolis Response 1

This book is a history of gay life in America starting in the forties and going through the nineties (the book was written in 1997). When I ...